Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Beauty Haul



I'll admit it: I'm usually stingy on my hair care so that I can spend more on makeup, music, and clothes. But lately I've been switching up my hair products from just the basic Herbal Essences Smooth Collection shampoo and conditioner I usually use. My hair thanks me, even if my wallet doesn't.




I found some Tresemmé deep cleansing shampoo and remoisturizing conditioner that seemed promising for my newly chopped hair. Since it was relaunched, I've been using the Herbal Essences Smooth Collection. Though I was (extremely) happy with these, I wanted to try something different this time around. I haven't used them yet, but I'll soon be doing a Product of the Day starring these!


In addition to the Tresemmé, I picked up the Dove Hair Therapy nourishing oil care shampoo and conditionerwhich I've been using for the past month or so. I'm very pleased with the results this combination gives, even if I love the smell and feel of the Herbal Essences more. My frizzy, unruly hair is tamed instantly with these products, which is more than I can say for the solely squeaky clean results of the Smooth Collection. Frizz heads, rejoice: this range is gold. 

Then, while finishing off the hair aisle at WalMart, I saw what YouTube has been shoving down my throat for weeks: the Garnier Marvelous Oil collection. Their advertising works, though, since I picked up Frizz Defy and shamefully shuffled to the checkout for giving in to American consumer ideals. I don't really care anymore, though, since this stuff works wonders on my damaged ends.

It also works really well to tame frizz, both on dry and wet hair. My favorite use for this is as a leave in conditioner on showered hair, applying right before bed and waking up with soft, frizz-free hair. And, true to its name, it works to defy frizz all day--even in the horrible humid weather we're experiencing here in Wisconsin. Even if frizz isn't your problem, try one of the others (Deep Nourish and Color Illuminate) for a great oil experience!


Ulta made the mistake of sending me a 20% Off coupon, so I had to go and spend more money there. I picked up a full size of the Batiste Dry Shampoo in Clean & Classic Original scent. Admittedly, I did sit in the dry shampoo section going back and forth between this one and the Psssssst! Original, since I've used and loved the mini Batiste before and I've heard wonderful things about the Psssssst!. Plus, anything would do a better job than the (uselessly expensive) Toni & Guy dry shampoo I'm using, and I can save my precious (and rightfully expensive) Bumble & bumble Prêt-à-Powder that always fixes my hair. 

Next time, I'll try the Psssssst!, but for the moment, I'm sticking with what I know I love.

During the summer, I've also been using up my hair samples that have been building up for the above reasons. So far, I've tried these:
     ♥   Fekkai Technician Color Care shampoo and conditioner
     ♥   Matrix Biolage Exquisite Oil shampoo and conditioner
     ♥   KMS Moist Repair shampoo and conditioner
        Living Proof Prime
        Ouidad Heat & Humidity gel
        KMS Hot Flex Creme
        Macadamia Deep Repair Masque
Read about them by clicking their heart!

I'm very happy with these purchases and can't wait to use them more. Getting into haircare has been a slow process, but I'm working it out and seeing great results!


No comments:

Post a Comment