Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Product of the Day


Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub


I was really excited when I bought this scrub--I talked to the saleslady about replacing my beloved True Blue facial scrub, she recommended this, and she even gave me a free trial on my arm. That arm was the softest arm I had ever felt, so I splurged on the full sized pot. Personally, I think that was a huge mistake.

This stuff works great on my body. It really does. But on my face, which I'm finding is probably sensitive in addition to oily / combination, this was way too much. It got angry red patches on my cheekbones, the scrub didn't exfoliate evenly, and the overall feel was not smooth or radiant. If I hadn't spent so much money on it, I would have thrown it straight in the trash.

Luckily, the lady who sold it to me recommended to use it as a pre-shave body scrub, since the vodka extract apparently helps hairs stand straight up to get a close shave. I've tried that once and it seemed to work alright. Otherwise, I would have had absolutely no use for this--sadly, it's too irritating for my skin. Keep in mind that I heard great things about this from other people, but it just wasn't meant to be for my skin. Sad face. 

♥   Rating: 4/10   

No comments:

Post a Comment