Sunday, July 20, 2014

Product of the Day



Heat & Humidity Control Gel
I got a free sample of this from one of my many beauty purchases, and this summer, I'm finally getting around to trying everything. I'm not sure I would purchase a whole bottle of this, but I thought it did a good job of what a de-frizzer should do.

I have mixed feelings about this product. I feel like it worked a little bit (and way better than the Living Proof hair primer), but I also feel like no product out there can control my unruly frizz. This one came the closest to actually preventing frizz and adding shine, so I’m going to give it props that way. The other products that I've tried have always been overzealous on promising defrizzing and taming, where as this one gave reasonable expectations that I find it almost met--even with my disaster of a mane. 

My hair gives unrealistic expectations to anti-frizz products, so I think it’s unfair to judge something harshly based on the fact that my hair can’t be tamed as it is. Because of that, I’m going to award this gel the winning star for reducing frizz, since it really did a good job working towards what it’s supposed to do. If it even showed a difference on my hair, I'm sure that with tamer hair, it will work even better at controlling the climate. 

♥   Rating: 8.5/10   

No comments:

Post a Comment