Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Product of the Day



Prime Style Extender


Before going to the Vampire Weekend show at the Summerfest grounds, I took the rare opportunity of a day shower to try out this neat little product. I recieved it in a sample pack and finally got the chance to test it. I've mentioned before that I liked the Ouidad Heat & Humidity gel better than this, but that doesn't mean this product packs a punch of its own against the damp Lake Michigan concert air.

The back says Prime will make a style last two times longer, will protect against weather, and will weightlessly perfect and repel oil. This promises a lot, and I don’t think it did all of it, but it certainly helped my weather-induced frizz problem, which was only exacerbated by the wet air floating off of nearby Lake Michigan and the sweaty concert bodies surrounding me. For the venue, this product reduced frizz wonderfully.  

My only complaint is that my ironed curls didn’t stay any longer than it would have without the primer. I do think it worked to eliminate frizz and ‘weightlessly’ protect my hair from the elements almost as well as things I've tried in the past. It smells kind of funny and has an odd, squeaky clean consistency, though none of those things made any real overall difference in the effectiveness or my overall rating.  

I liked the effect it had on the frizz reduction the most—at least that one did exactly what it said. I’m not going to run out immediately to buy a full size, since it is fairly expensive for not too much gain, but I have to say that this gave me some of the most frizz reduction I’ve seen in a product. Between this and my new friend Ouidad, I think I might have a secret in controlling my summer frizz head. 

♥   Rating: 8/10   

No comments:

Post a Comment