Friday, August 8, 2014

Product of the Day


Cleansing Spa Water


I'll say right off the bat that I'm not a huge cleansing water girl. A lot of people (Zoe, Anna, Claire, etc.) love cleansing waters to remove all of their makeup--eyes included. I just haven't seen the results they have.

While shopping at Sephora, I bought the travel size of this. I had read about it in a magazine and it ensured visible results, so I decided to splurge and try it out. The only other cleansing water I had tried was the No. 7 one, and I absolutely didn't like it. It didn't cut through my mascara or even my eyeliner, and I ended up using a lot of it to get the job done.

This one works loads better than the No. 7 brand, but I still don't get the hype. It kind of stings my eyes because the soaked cotton pad needed to remove my eye makeup will squeeze out and get into my eyes. I can say that one cotton pad removed all of my makeup, but I still didn't love the feel as opposed to my Neutrogena wipes. 

As a first step, I supposed this works well. It takes a lot of product, though, so I can't say it's more economical than a package of wipes. I've never tried Bioderma or Taaj Micellar, so I can't say that all cleansing waters are horrible, but none so far have worked for me. This is the best one I've used yet, since it does what it says and doesn't leave my skin dry or irritated, but I really don't see the reason behind the obsession. 

♥   Rating: 7/10   

No comments:

Post a Comment