Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Lust List



As people who know me will attest, I'm never one to deny myself something that I really want. It might take months or years of (usually failed) saving, but I will eventually get most things that catch my eye. Even people like me need a lust list, though, and this is mine. 

(Spoiler alert: I will own a lot of this by the time fall is done.)

First up is the Sonia Kashuk 15th Anniversary brush collection. These brushes are gorgeous. Purple has always been my favorite color, so these immediately drew my attention. This fabulous kit also contains brushes that my (still wonderful) Zoeva set didn't have, so there's a bonus for me. Top picks include the straight eyeliner brush for even more precise winged liner (à la Claire Marshall, the Queen of the Cateye) and the wide flat brush for contouring my cheeks to a tee (also à la Claire, or Becca, or Gabby... the list goes on).  



Next is The Body Shop All in One Instablur primer. I'm a sucker for a good primer that will keep my pores small and oil to a minimum all day long, so this was also an immediate attraction. I heard Gabby talk about it and thought I would give it a try. It's not super expensive for a fairly large tube, and I have liked The Body Shop products in the past. I'm currently using a sample of the Ulta Collection matte primer that's doing fairly well, but I feel like I can do better. I can't wait to try it out!



Another product that came into my life thanks to Gabby, the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker gloss stick has made it onto the list for fall. She loves the shade Nudist, which I also love, but fall calls for vampy lips. That means the color Plum Jam needs to be in my life, and I can't wait for the leaves to start turning and the weather to get cooler so that I can layer this on my lips. Plus, vanilla flavor means it's 100% Bri Approved. 



This next product is a routine stock up, but a needed one for the humid month of September in the Quad Cities. Maybe this year will be a little cooler and a little drier (crosses fingers wildly), but back to school season last year was a horribly oily time for my skin. I used Lush's Cosmetic Warrior mask to get me through it. 



Honestly, this is an all-around great mask for any time of the year, but I found it worked its best during the beginning of fall when the weather was changing and my skin was freaking out. It does everything it says on the tin and goes on without irritation--something rare for my sensitive skin. I highly recommend any of Lush's masks, including Cupcake and BB Seaweed as other favorites. They are a pain to get (in store only), but in my opinion, they are worth the struggle.  

I've also been lusting after the amazing Rose Gold collection by Revlon. I've never used Revlon hair tools before, but I feel like I would use these simply because they look like pieces of art. White and rose gold design? I'm in. Sadly, though, I just purchased the Ultra CHI Orbit last winter, and I love it. It gives me any style I want with three detachable wand sizes, but that also means a beautiful rose gold Revlon curling iron of any size is out of the question. But a straightener? I might need one of those...



Things for eyes are possibly my most used beauty bits. I'm a classic winged liner kind of girl, ever since seventh grade and my first liquid eyeliner (it was CoverGirl, by the way). Now, I've graduated to bigger and better and more expensive options, and I've added a little sheen to my lids in addition to the feline flick. 



My perfect fall combo? The Eyeko Eye Do liner pen paired with the magic of Rimmel's ScandalEyes shadow paints. I've heard marvelous things about the Eyeko liner, and I loved my shadow paint in Peachy Apricot so much that I decided I needed one in Pink Lace. Why not create a signature soft pink look with a bit of edge for fall?


To complete the eye look, I want to try some of Ulta's new Color Coat cream eyeshadow pots in Rose Gold and Bronzed. I'm going to try these as opposed to the Maybelline Color Tattoos only because I like these colors more than the ones offered in the Maybelline range. I know nothing about the formula, though, so fingers crossed that they work as well as they look.  



Rollerball perfumes are so easy to use on the go, especially at school when the dorm is a thousand miles away and you need a quick refresh before rehearsal or class or what have you. I am obsessed with Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture, and I have the biggest full-size sprayer one can procure sitting on my dresser in my room. I can only spray so much on in the morning, though, and during the day I need a little pick me up. Enter the small but powerful Viva La Juicy rollerball, and my life is complete. 



Lastly but probably the most lusted after item on this list is the Oribe Dry Texturizing spray. I have heard so many people talk such good things about this little can, and I want one. I love having big hair, especially when I curl it and it tends to deflate throughout the day. I want the amount of product of a full size, but I also want to be able to take it with me on the go in the purse size. I've yet to decide which size I want to get, but I know that there is a corner of birthday money saved up for this bad boy. I need it like breathing.  



That's it for my beauty wishlist this fall! I have a bunch of fashiony bits that I want as well, so if anyone wants to see those, I might do something similar later in the month. September and October are two of my favorite months in the year, and I hope many of these products will be there to help me enjoy them even more.

Long live fall beauty. 



No comments:

Post a Comment