Sunday, July 20, 2014

Product of the Day


Miss Manga Mascara


I saw an ad for this at a hotel in Springfield, IL, loved what I saw, and bought it at a local Walgreens the very next day. I was reluctant to try it at first, since I am extremely finicky about mascaras, but I'm glad I finally gave in and did. 

I have to admit that the first time I used this, I didn’t like it as well as my Lancôme Hypnôse Drama. I’ve sworn by that mascara for almost two years, so letting go and judging this mascara on its own was hard. But after I used this mascara for three days in a row, I got used to the wacky (almost deterring) wand and brush, the proper way to apply it (slowly and carefully, using the fat end of the brush on the outsides of the eye and working in from there), and how many coats to use (two to three, depending on desired intensity level). 

It gives the right effect, even if the Lancôme stuff works a little better and is easier to apply. All in all, it’s a cheaper alternative to Hypnôse Drama that does essentially the same thing. (Plus, I'd rate it better than the Falsies, another dupe I've tried in the past.) I’ll have it in my bag as a backup for whenever I run out of good stuff, or use it everyday and use the Drama on special occasions. 

Though I'm reluctant to admit how great this mascara is as a result of my loyalty to Hypnôse, this did make it into my June Favorites and has been mentioned and used many times since purchase. So far, so great. 

Good feelings for Miss Manga. 

♥   Rating: 9.5/10   

No comments:

Post a Comment