Sunday, August 24, 2014

Product of the Day


Organic Blemish Clearing Cleanser


Based on a stunning review by Claire (and the knowledge that skin will eventually get used to the treatment of benzoyl peroxide), I decided to spring and try this natural cleanser. Everyone has always said that taking a moment to dial down the chemicals in skincare has always been a good idea, and I'm finding that it might be the case.

Though I was skeptical at first, since my Clean & Clear benzoyl peroxide wash seemed to be doing just fine, I finally gave in and bought this cleanser by Juice Beauty. It might smell horrible and have an odd consistency, but that's what I get for buying a 100% organic product.

Despite all of it's very minor setbacks, I find this has worked wonders at clearing up any blemishes plaguing my face. And it did it all without any harsh chemicals like benzoyl peroxide! I was surprised and thrilled with the results I saw. I think it might have even worked to even out my skintone and smooth out annoying pores and pigmentation, which makes me extremely happy. In my book, anything that works toward two goals is gold. 

They have an entire skin clearing starter kit, but since I can't use anything besides what my dermatologist gives me, I stuck with just the cleanser. If acne troubles you as much as it troubles me and a dermatologist isn't in your future, I would definitely give this range a look. The cleanser alone has helped fix my skin, so I can't imagine what the entire line would do to help.

Also, a quick note on simplicity in skincare: I always believed that bigger was better--the more product slathered onto my face, the more power it would have to heal, right? Lately, I'm thinking not so much. I've stripped down my regime to just a makeup removing wipe, this cleanser with a Clarisonic, moisturizer, and the cream my dermatologist gave me. So far, it's been working surprisingly well to help maintain breakouts and clear my skin.

Needless to say, I'm impressed with what the cleanser alone has been doing for my skin.

♥   Rating: 9/10   

No comments:

Post a Comment