Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Boys Are Back


Awhile ago, I tweeted that @twinatlantic should make more music, since they are one of my all time favorite bands. Little did I know that they would be listening.

I started listening to Twin Atlantic way back in the summer of 2010, when I first heard their hit single Free on the radio. Obsessed with Sam McTrusty's dreamy Scottish accent and the band's punk rock sound, I added all of their songs to my Spotify and even got some of their songs trending in my area thanks to extensive listening--Free and Babylonian Throwdown being two of those. All of their songs are enjoyable to listen and sing along to, and I fell in love quickly and deeply with their unique blend of guitar riffs and celtic rhythms.

Their music never really left my radar, but I stopped listening to them religiously about a year ago. But as I looked for new music to add to my Summer Playlist, I saw their name in my list and brought back all the old classics. Overcome with nostalgia and renewed passion for their music, I tweeted about my woes:

And then, at the end of June, I was sitting in a parking lot in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, and a new song came on the radio. The volume was turned down, but I would know that accent anywhere.

Twin Atlantic was back. I think I might have hyperventilated a little bit, in fact. But the important fact remains that the boys have a new album called Great Divide, some killer new album artwork, and two singles that are available now to sate my Scottish rock needs. Heart and Soul is a little more tame than their previous repertoire, but I Am An Animal brought me back to those summer days as I entered high school.




Be sure to check iTunes on August 19 to purchase their new album, or just pre-order it like I did. I'll be waiting patiently until those songs grace my Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment